Concrete slab edge protection range consists primarily of the standard safety post, guard rail and concrete mount locating into various fixing components to accommodate concrete slab applications such as surface mounted, slab side edge fixing options.
Non-drilling clamping arrangements also available that avoid anchor fixings.
Concrete Slab Edge Protection 100M includes:
- Concrete mount x 32
- Sliding L bracket x 32
- Handrail post x 32
- Guardrail 4m x 84
- Guardrail swivel coupler x 18
- Guardrail double coupler x 18
- Guardrail ladder access rail x 3
Edge Protection Licensing
Guardrail systems may be an effective way to manage some of the risks of working at heights.
The effectiveness of a guardrail system depends on:
- appropriate design
- manufacture in accordance with the designer’s specifications
- test and examination after manufacture
- instructions supporting use and maintenance of the system
- correct installation by a competent person
- appropriate use.
Designers, manufacturers, suppliers and installers all have obligations for the guardrail system that is supplied. Users of the system, including the principal contractor, employers, self-employed persons and workers also have obligations for how it is used and maintained.
An installer of a guardrail system has obligations to:
- install the system in a way that is safe and without risk to health; and
- ensure that nothing about the way the system was installed makes it unsafe and a risk to health when used properly.
To meet these obligations, the installer of the system should:
- ensure they have the appropriate competencies (through training, qualification and/or experience) to install the system;
- follow the manufacturer’s and/or supplier’s instructions;
- provide written verification about the system at handover to the person being supplied the system; and
- ensure the Work Method Statement is completed where applicable and given to the principal contractor before installation work commences.
Handover information should include written verification that:
- the guardrail system and supporting structure are structurally adequate (eg. verification by a suitably qualified engineer); and
- the guardrail system has been installed in accordance with the supplier’s instructions.
Examples of handover information that should be used are:
Concrete slab edge protection 100m
DELIVERY & ORDER POLICY
Your order is very important to us and we make every effort to process and deliver your order as promptly as possible.
- For those customers who have third-party freight included in their quotation, please be aware that this costing is based on the receiving party providing unloading facilities.
- This does not include unloading facilities such as Tail-lifts, Hiabs or any other truck mounted unloading facilities. This also does not include any manual handling charges.
- If these unloading facilities are required after the fact, an additional charge will be incurred and is payable in full by the customer.
Freight is calculated on general service unless otherwise notified, express services will need to be re-calculated and will be an additional cost.
- All orders made within Australia are shipped via by BigPost.
- You will receive an email & text from BigPost on booking, keeping you up to date with ETA transit times etc.
- Orders are generally dispatched on the next business day, within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
- Subject to availability of stock, delivery can normally be expected in Australia within 1-3 business days
- Shipping fees include handling and packing fees as well as postage costs.
- Handling fees are fixed, whereas transport fees vary according to the total weight and delivery of the shipment.
- We advise you to group your items in one order. We cannot group two distinct orders placed separately as shipping fees will apply to each of them.
For international deliveries, your order may be subject to value added taxes, customs or import duties once it reaches your destination country. Our shipping fees do not include such taxes and duties imposed by the destination country. Any foreign taxes, customs or import duties incurred are the responsibility of the customer. For more information regarding your country’s customs policies, please contact your local customs office.
Please contact Big Post on 03 9544 5525 (8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday AEST) if you have any shipping enquiries.
- Any orders received after 12:00 pm Friday (subject to availability and size of order) will be processed the following Monday.
- Processing times may vary during holiday periods or sale periods, such as Christmas and Public Holidays and you may experience a delay in receiving your order. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
- Occasionally, delays are caused by out-of-stock products. If this is the case we will notify you as soon as possible and organise a refund or exchange.
- We do not accept responsibility for delivery delays due to circumstances beyond our control, due to the postal or delivery carrier (e.g floods, strikes and custom inspections).
- All orders are thoroughly packed and insured until delivery in Australia Only.
Lost or Damaged Goods
- If your order is lost or damaged in transit, please contact our Customer Service Team on the number below within 30 days of placing your order so that we can assist you.
For further information about deliveries, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 919 905