Advanced Scaffolding Required skills
- ability to erect scaffold and equipment within the scope of the advanced scaffolder
- ability to build, level, plumb and stabilise scaffolds and scaffold equipment within the range of the advanced scaffolder
- aptitude for working safely at heights
- ability to interpret manufacturer’s specifications for plant and equipment
- accurate interpretation of structural charts and structural plans
- correct application of all scaffolding equipment
- verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate an appropriate response.
- use of appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- Commonwealth, state or territory OHS legislation and local government regulations, including standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of techniques for undertaking advanced scaffolding activities
- knowledge of principles relating to plant and equipment stability
- understanding of types of scaffolding and their application
- knowledge of scaffold and scaffold equipment erection and dismantling techniques
- knowledge scaffold equipment, associated with advanced scaffolding and their use/s
- risk assessment and control, including an understanding of the hierarchy of control
- load capabilities of different types of scaffolding constructions
- understanding and application of organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for scaffolding
- implementation of safety equipment applicable to scaffolding
- knowledge and application of the inspection and maintenance requirements for an advanced scaffold, associated equipment and scaffold equipment
- uses and limitations of tools and equipment, appropriate to scaffolding tasks and activities.
Forces and Loads may include, but are not limited to:
- dead loads
- live loads
- static load
- dynamic loads
- wind loads.
Appropriate standards may include:
- codes of practice
- Australian Standards
- manufacturer’s specifications
- industry standards (where applicable).
Australian Scaffolds can help you to work safer, smarter, and faster. Call Daniel Butlin on 1300 919 905 or email: email@example.com
“Providing customers with Safer, Faster, Smarter scaffolding solutions better than our competitors delivered with the best possible customer service.”
Australian Scaffolds has a scaffold hire Sydney division. We hire, install steel & aluminium scaffolding throughout Sydney, NSW. Australian Scaffolds can supply and erect scaffold equipment, mobile scaffolds, scaffold towers, access bridge scaffolds, gantry’s, loading towers and platforms, crash decks, internal birdcages and cantilever scaffolds. We provide a complete installation and dismantling service using a skilled team of advanced scaffolder’s.
We are aiding SAFE and PROFITABLE delivery of products since 1997. Australian Scaffold has the experience, knowledge, and technical capability to help our customers ‘Work Safer – Faster – Smarter’.