Sydney Vivid Festival History
Sydney Vivid Festival is a captivating event that illuminates the city with stunning light displays, music, and innovative art installations. While the festival itself has become an iconic celebration of creativity, it’s essential to shed light on the unsung hero behind the scenes: scaffolding.
In this article, we’ll take a brief journey through the history of the Sydney Vivid Festival and explore how scaffolding plays a crucial role in bringing the festival to life.
When did Sydney Vivid Festival start?
The Origins of Sydney Vivid Festival: Sydney Vivid Festival made its dazzling debut in 2009 as a smart light festival. The event aimed to transform the city’s landmarks and buildings into extraordinary visual spectacles of art, technology, and creativity.
What started as a modest event with light projections soon evolved into a multi-sensory experience attracting millions of visitors yearly.
Sydney Vivid Festival Impact
Over the years, the Festival has grown exponentially in scale and popularity. What was once a week-long festival is now extended to several weeks, allowing locals and tourists ample time to immerse themselves in the vibrant displays.
The festival has become a significant boost to Sydney’s economy, attracting visitors from around the world and creating a vibrant atmosphere throughout the city.
- In 2013, the Festival drew in a staggering 800,000 visitors, making a significant contribution of over $20 million to the economy of NSW.
- In 2019, a record 2.4 million people attended the Vivid Festival, making it the most attended year in the event’s history.
- In 2015, Vivid received over 1.7 million visitors who flocked to the city to experience its enchanting displays.
- In 2016, Vivid Sydney extended its duration to 23 nights, allowing attendees to revel in the festival’s magic for an extended period. Over 2.3 million people participate in this unforgettable experience.
- In 2017, Vivid Sydney achieved a remarkable milestone, attracting a record-breaking attendance of 2.33 million people. The festival also made a significant economic impact by injecting over $143 million into the visitor economy of NSW.
- In 2023, Vivid Food debuted as a new feature of the festival, highlighting the skills of local and international chefs at various venues in Sydney.
Role of Scaffolding in Sydney Vivid Festival
While the light installations steal the show during Sydney Vivid Festival, scaffolding serves as the backbone of the event. For all your event projects, Australian Scaffolds is happy to design scaffold systems that suit your needs; here’s why scaffolding is indispensable:
- Installation Support: is a support system for artists, technicians, and electricians who work tirelessly to set up the festival’s installations.
- Safety and Accessibility: it ensures workers can navigate the installations safely, minimizing the risk of accidents or injuries. Additionally, it allows visitors to access different viewing points, enhancing their overall experience while maintaining crowd control.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: It can be customized and adjusted to fit the unique architectural features of different buildings, ensuring the light displays are showcased flawlessly.
Elevate your festival experience with Australian Scaffolds. Our reliable and sturdy scaffolding solutions ensure the seamless setup of captivating installations at events like the Vivid Festival, providing a solid foundation for unforgettable moments.
- Provide after-sales service
- Treat all customers with respect
- Stand behind the quality of our products
- Formulate solutions to any work-related problem
Need Scaffold Hire
Australian Scaffolds is available day and night, seven days a week. Our expert team of scaffolders has decades of experience. We strive to make complex-simple. To find out more, call 1300 919 905. Or email Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org