Edge Protection Training
Edge protection training provided by Australian Scaffolds & Access satisfies Australian Standards AS/NZS 4994.2:2009 Section 8 Training.
Section 8 Training states
“Persons involved in the installation of roof edge protection shall be trained in the correct method of installing and dismantling the specific type of equipment, with particular attention being paid to the method of connection to the wall structure or roof structure.
Formal training or a certificate of competency may be required for scaffold erection, fall arrest systems, total restraint or mechanical access”.
Australian Scaffolds & Access provides training on a monthly basis in our yard at 71 Hobart Street, Riverstone NSW. Topics covered include product information and the safe installation of edge protection products. If you would like to participate in an edge protection training session or need more information on edge protection equipment or training, please call Frank Ademovic on 1300 919 905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Butlin Maxi Roof Edge User Guide
- Canberra Under Construction
- Sydney Scaffold Accident
- Our Scaffolding Experience
- Windsor Bridge Scaffolding
Competency and licensing
If you are carrying out scaffolding work where there is a risk of a person or object falling more than four metres, you must hold a scaffolding high-risk work licence. For example, if you erect a small frame to clean the eaves of a house or to paint a ceiling, and the distance you might fall is four metres or less, you don’t need a high-risk work licence. Above all, for more detailed information on setting up and operating scaffolds, see our General guide for scaffolds and scaffolding work.
- AS/NZS 1576.1:2010 Scaffolding – General requirements
- AS/NZS 1576.2:2009 Scaffolding – Couplers and accessories
- AS/NZS 1576.3:1995 Scaffolding – Prefabricated and tube-and-coupler scaffolding
- AS 1576.4:2013 Scaffolding – Suspended scaffolding
- AS/NZS 1576.5:1995 Scaffolding – Prefabricated split heads and trestles
- AS/NZS 1576.6:2000 Scaffolding – Metal tube-and-coupler scaffolding – Deemed to comply with AS/NZS 1576.3
- AS 1577:2013 Scaffold Planks
- AS 1657:2013 Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – Design, construction, and installation
- AS/NZS 4576:1995 Guidelines for scaffolding
- AS/NZS 1664 Aluminium structures Series
- AS/NZS 1665:2004 Welding of aluminium structures
- AS 4100:1998 Steel structures
- AS/NZS 1892.1:1996 Portable ladders – Metal
- AS 3850:2003 Tilt-up concrete construction
- AS 3610:1995 Formwork for concrete
- AS 1720 Timber structures Series
- AS 3600:2009 Concrete structures